Saturday 6 September 2014

YOU SEE, THERE IS POWER IN YOUTH AND WOMEN!


In the course of my writings I have interacted with a number of folks. Different types, you see. Some blessed and talented in their own right. And still, others tormented and gobbled by their own worries.

I have repeatedly talked to - and about-  women and youth and got to know their inner feelings and what they want - as a priority - be addressed. These meetings, so to say, have left me a troubled (in its positive sense) man. 

Surely, I must state that these encounters have left me burdened with thoughts, reflections and feelings of hope. I have come to appreciate the greatness of the power of listening. Coming with a mindset that is fixated with negativity and inefficiencies, I must say witnessing the great works of our women and youth would be a recommended chore for all of us. 

Take these chaps, for instance. I am going to take you through a journey and travails of Northlink Productions (NLP). NLP is a Turkana based, youth-driven film group that seeks to bring to light the sweet stories of nomadic communities. 

The crux of their works is simple: they want to make known the 'sweet' untold stories up north through film. They want to make you part of these hitherto isolated communities and rejoice, dance and laugh with them. Theirs is a complete shift from the past.

Look at these:












VIDEOS: 





Is there a way of reaching out to these talents and get the best out of them? Methinks yes. Answers are out there with the people. Just listen to them. 

Long live the works of our women and youth!

Lemukol Ng'asike is an Architect. Twitter: @mlemukol. Email: lemoseh89@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts? thanks for dropping them here...