Saturday 8 March 2014

O WOMEN, EVERYDAY IS YOUR DAY!

Today is yet another moment for me to express my feminist credentials. No society can stand without the power of a woman. They are depositories of love, life and laughter. Their creativity in the face of life's challenges is unmatched. They are the answers to complicated questions! O woman what a creature you are!

I am a product of a woman's power, vision and energies. I can't imagine crossing the crocodile-infested rivers of life minus the guiding hand of a woman that is my mother. I cherish and hold dear the role this model of humanity has played and continues playing. O woman what a model you are!

As a man I have no knowledge of how depressing it is for a woman to persevere the limitations and pain that come with child birth. But I can guess. It is not easy! It is risky! All in all you stood up strong. And I'm a fruit of your labour. O woman do I have anything to repay this?

Outside home, you demonstrated that peace is woman and woman is peace. You venture into hostile zones preaching peace and tolerance. You are emblems of social order. You stand out as the Constant North that guides God's sons and daughters to the cool waters of joy and love. O woman what a gifted soul you have!

We stand strong because of your soft power. We acknowledge this. It is a duty on our part to remember you daily. All the days of the year are yours. O women, EVERYDAY IS YOUR DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts? thanks for dropping them here...