Sunday 17 February 2013

SHOULD WE BLAME GOD FOR LACK OF PEACE?


It is universal truth that God is supreme. He is powerful and above all. All life comes from Him. He is the author of everything. But then comes another issue. Should we blame God for lack of peace in the world? Should we blame God for killings and massacres happening across the globe? Methinks not. This is what I asked myself when I heard some chaps crying that God should provide peace during this electioneering period.

I thought God gave us everything. He gave us brains to think. He gave us His divine instructions to guide us. Where did we miss the point? Let’s look at it. Peace is a reward for loving humanity. It is the fruit of looking at the other as a continuation of yourself. And this is what is called LOVE. It is therefore imperative to talk about peace when we actually practise love of humanity. Where is the logic here; you hate your neighbor, you call him names, you castigate him....etc then you "pray" to God to provide you with peace? I find this hypocritical and self-defeating.

When I look around and see God's creations I see answers. Not even a single day have I seen lions killing each other. Not even a single day have I seen elephants descending upon one another for lack of grass! It is only us humans who have perfected this art. And so this begs the questions - is God to blame for this? What else do we need for us to live in peace? Do we have to see God himself for us to love each other?

Humans are complete creatures. They are first class creatures. They are bestowed with the power to think and determine their destiny. With this thinking power we are able to know that we are worthless without peace. And this takes me to the conclusion - It is time we leave God alone. Peace is found inside us. Peace is a fruit of love. It is a reward for good-neighborliness. "Praying" to God for peace is to try to climb a tree from the top. Peace is you and me!

Twitter: @mlemukol. Email: lemoseh89@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts? thanks for dropping them here...