Friday 6 June 2014

I WRITE FOR THE 'MOUTHLESS', IT'S A DUTY I CHERISH.



During last month, until early this month I have received a barrage of commentaries, messages and sometimes rants fueled by fear that truth has found its way out and light is confining the power of darkness to where it belongs - to the long gone dark ages of chest-thumping and over-reliance on brute force to scare and coerce the people and steal from them.

A quick look into those messages, commentaries and rants draws one to one solid conclusion. That truth is the formidable force for the mouthless to bring down the empires founded on falsehoods.

The authors of those messages have singled out my persistent calls for transparency and inclusion of the man and woman on the street on matters public development and policy as my biggest 'crime'. Why and how they found me 'guilty' remains a great mystery that I'm yet to understand. 

But I think the matter goes beyond the simple act of jotting down anonymous messages. I believe the crux of the issue is premised on the poor understanding of: 1) why I write what I write, 2) what/who 'pushed' me into writing, 3) and for whom I write.

Following this, I endevour to open up my soul to help these jingoists see some light and embark on the much needed way to Canaan. You see, leaving them behind isn't an option for us. Inclusion is our mantra and creed. It is the spirit behind all our actions. It is a duty I cherish and find noble to stand with and defend.

I write for the ‘mouthless’. I ventilate the weights in their hearts and souls. I make their voices known to those with keys to unlock the complications confining them to their state of continued sufferance. This is the ink that colours the papers I write: to bring their pleas closer to the powers with a view to breathing new life unto them (the people).

So to equate this to empty talk is to reduce pleas and cries of the masses to voices devoid of anything tangible.

I am a product of the collective power of the people. My life is a collection of their lives. I am their investment. My education is an expression and true evidence of the trust they have bestowed upon me to be their torch and light. It is for these reasons that I stand in their defense. To run away from this noble duty is to negate their contributions.

It is foolhardy to believe that to question the actions of those in authority is to disrespect them. Leaders derive their powers from the masses. They cannot, therefore, be left to foist their thoughts on the people, however contrary to the public good they may be, in the name of 'respecting' them. Blind allegiance is the root cause of all thievery and looting bedeviling our public corridors. 

I write, speak, and stand for the mouthless and the masses. It is a duty I cherish. Join the team to create a livable world. God bless you all!

Twitter:  @mlemukol.  Email:  lemoseh89@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts? thanks for dropping them here...